Remove Iron From Water: Delmarva Peninsula, Maryland, & Central PA

Water Has High Iron Content

Iron in your waterIf you have red or brown deposits in your sinks or drains then you most likely have a high concentration of iron in your water. An excessive level of iron is a common problem and the second most prominent behind hard water. This means Culligan has a wealth of experience in dealing with high iron content water in your region. Watch out for these signs, as they are common indicators of too much iron in your home’s water:

  • Reddish or red-brown stains on your laundry, plumbing fixtures and cooking utensils
  • Yellow or orange-colored water
  • Metallic taste to your water

The only way to be sure of what’s in your water is to have it tested, and Culligan offers everyone a FREE WATER TEST. We will send your Culligan Man out to your home to test your water.  Just click here to see more details about our free water test

Smelly Water

Water Smells Like Rotten Eggs

As water makes its way from its source to your faucets, it can be exposed to a number of contaminants*. These can come from the miles of underground pipes that the water travels through or even the water source itself. Only your Culligan Man can diagnosis the root of your water problem, and then recommend you the proper equipment to fix it.

  • Rotten egg odor can be caused by hydrogen sulfide in the soil near your well
  • Musty, earthy or wood smell can be caused by dissolved solids
  • Chlorine smell can be caused by municipal additives
  • Detergent odor can water that foams can be due to seepage from septic tanks into your ground water well
  • Chemical smells and tastes can be due to high iron content or chemicals seeping into your water supply, such as industrial chemicals or pesticides

Whether that means ridding your home of water that smells like rotten eggs or removing stain-causing iron from your sinks, Culligan has the tools and experience to take care of your home’s water needs. To be contacted by your Culligan Man just fill out the form above or pick up the phone and call (800) 313-4540.